How To File a Claim
Accidents do happen, Excalibur Moving and Storage are here to help.
Our goal is that each and every move will go perfectly without any damages or loss, but sometimes accidents can happen, whether it’s a human error or just bad luck. We, at Excalibur Moving and Storage wants to ensure you we do everything we can to resolve the problem.
For your convenience, we have provided an on-line claim form to download. Then we will ask you to print out the form, complete it and send the complete form along with clear photos of the damages. You can e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to 12221 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, MD, 20852.
- All claims must be filed in writing and received by Excalibur Movers claim department within 15 days of the delivery date for local moves (within state lines) or 90 days of the delivery date for Long distance moves ( Out of state lines).
- All claims must be submitted with clear photos that will show the damages and the furniture itself.
- Do not proceed with any repairs and do not dispose of any damaged items that you would like to file a claim on. Excalibur Moving and Storage reserve the right to inspect all damaged items.
- By law, Excalibur Moving and Storage provide a limited liability coverage at no charge to all our customers. The maximum liability is limited to $0.60 per pound per article, for all items indicated as damaged or missing at time of delivery.
- Since Excalibur Moving and Storage cannot control whether proper packing methods are used, on boxes packed by the owner as well as pressed wood furniture, liability is limited.
- Once Excalibur’s claim department received the claim form it will take no more than 30 days to receive a response from us. Please, If you haven’t heard from us after 30 day you should contact us immediately by phone or email.
- If you need any assistance of filing the claim form or if you have any questions/concerns, feel free to call us, we are here for you 1-800-548-6052.