Apartment moving checklist for a smooth relocation in Silver Spring
Get an Online Quote
"*" indicates required fields
Moving is a process that is planned for weeks and sometimes even months. The whole preparation of moving can depend on the distance of your move, the number of things you want to move as well as your organization. That is why we will tell you among the first things that the organization of this work is an indispensable part. You will also need the help of professional movers and packers in Maryland. We suggest you make an apartment moving checklist for your relocation to Silver Spring. Because this list helps you keep everything under control. Below you will find out what needs to be on your moving checklist as well as some tips on organizing your move. Keep reading and catch all the useful tips.
Relocation in Silver Springs
Silver Springs is a city in Maryland and is considered one of the most beautiful cities in the country. It’s located in Montgomery County and has about 82,500 residents. Slivers Springs can offer its residents good entertainment, a large number of cafes, clubs, and good restaurants. And also, it can offer beautiful green areas, several museums and many more things to do in Silver Springs. When we talk about education, it can be said that education is at a high level and that Silver Springs can offer excellent education in 61 public schools, as well as about 250 private schools located near Silver Springs.
When we talk about moving to Silver Springs, we can freely tell you that you have made a good decision and that this city can bring you great opportunities. But before you start exploring business and life opportunities in this city, you need to focus on the relocation process and its organization. And for that job, you will need movers in Silver Spring MD. So, don’t waste any more time, but move on to organizing your relocation. Because the sooner you start working, the sooner you will complete the relocation process.
Apartment moving checklist for your relocation
On your moving checklist, you should have all the things you need to do by the final day of your move. You can start the relocation period a month or two earlier. Then, there is a period of 2-3 weeks before moving and after that, you have a period of a few days until moving. We suggest you make a separate moving checklist for each period. This job may seem hard to you, but don’t worry, we are here to help you. And all three moving checklists will pay off. We guarantee you that.
- The first moving checklist. It covers the period of deciding on your relocation, until the final completion of all tasks on that list. This period can last from 2 to 3 months, depending on the type of your move, and sometimes less.
- Second moving checklist. This list covers the period from 2 to 3 weeks until the final moving day. It should find all the tasks that need to be done in order to complete the preparations.
- Third moving checklist. This list covers the period from a few days to the final day and is usually a control list.
The first moving checklist for Silver Spring relocation
This list, as we have already said, includes all the obligations and tasks that need to be completed in the period after the decision to relocate. Let’s see what you need to find on that list.
- Determine the day of your move.
- Make an arrangement with your real estate agent to pick up the keys to your new home.
- Contact several moving companies and intimidate free moving quotes.
- Consider all the offers and choose the services you need.
- Look for insurance offers during the relocation and transportation process.
- Make a furniture layout plan for your new home.
- Based on the plan, decide which furniture you want to move.
- Get the necessary and adequate packing materials for your belongings.
- Start by planning where you will store things you don’t need.
- Consider donation options.
Second moving checklist
This list will be of great use to you for the period of a few weeks before the final day. Then it’s necessary that all tasks are successfully completed.
- Hire a reliable moving company.
- Be sure to look for packing & unpacking.
- Schedule cleaning service of your old apartment.
- Provide parking for the moving truck.
- Confirm security policies.
- Change residence address for taxes, bills, newspapers, etc.
- Inquire about internet connections, cable, utilities, etc. at the new address.
- Pay all outstanding bills.
- Say goodbye to your friends and let them know your new address.
- Pack your valuables and documents in a special box.
And when there are finally a few days left until your move, you need to have almost all the obligations completed, and to finish the packing process. What is very important is to check your control list. See what should be on the control list for Silver Spring relocation.
- Separate the boxes with the necessary things for the first few days after moving
- Finish packing and leave only a few essentials
- Check the weather forecast
- Check the previous two lists and make sure you have done everything.
- Inspect the boxes once more, whether they are closed, or marked.
- Check the truck, and make sure everything is loaded.
- Check all windows, sockets, and plumbing in your old home.
- Turn off the electricity in the apartment.
- Deliver the keys to the real estate agent.
The last 4 items you should check and do on the day of your move. After you have checked and done everything, you are ready to set off with your long distance movers Maryland, on the way to your new address. The help of professionals in this business will come in handy, so don’t miss it. Good luck!