Treat yourself with professional moving services and forget about damages and lost items. We will carefully pack and handle everything you own and you will save time and nerves.
Get an Online Quote
Reasons To Use Excalibur Moving And Storage Packing Services
Movers have mad skills. Our movers pack boxes professionally on an everyday base. With years of experience handling a variety of items, from weird to ordinary: they’ve got techniques for just about every situation, which the average person just wouldn’t know.
Your moving insurance doesn’t cover self-packed boxes. When you hire a professional, your moving insurance company can assume a certain standard of safety for your valuables. When you do it yourself privately, all bets are off. It’s not personal… it’s liability.
It’s too easy to over pack when you’re tired and stressed. Really, who wants to run to the store to pick up a few more boxes after a long day of packing? When you’re packing your own stuff yourself, you end up cutting corners. Excalibur movers in DC have the opposite incentive: we are here to impress.
Two words: organizational efficiency. Think the movers are going to mix it up? Truth is, you’ll probably enjoy better organization when movers pack for you than when you do it yourself – even if you’re a neat freak.
Excalibur Movers DC have more experience moving fragile items. Most of us are quite adept at handling our own fragile items around the house, but moving? It’s a whole different animal. From mirrors to crystal to oddly-shaped figurines, our movers are trained and you can be sure that they know all the tricks. Hey, it’s their job, after all.
Just because they’re packing doesn’t mean you can’t be involved. If you’re hesitant to entrust your stuff to other people’s hands, it’s okay. Most movers are happy to let you supervise. This option allows you to put your mind at rest without adding liability to your move.
Great packing tips:
- Item you hardly use should be packed first, the early you start with the packing process the better. Some items won’t be packed until the night before your move, or even on the move day.
- Label every box clearly; which room it belongs to and if it’s fragile or not. Marking a brief description about the content of boxes, such as ‘small kitchen appliances’ is a good option, that way it will be much easier find what you’re looking for when you are unpacking.
- When the movers are done there will be a box or two that you want to unpack straight away. Mark these clearly with ‘Open First’ when you label your boxes.
- Always pack heavier items toward the bottom of the box and lighter items toward the top. A general rule on box size- the more an item weighs, the smaller the box.
- If packing lamps or a vase indicate with an arrow on the side of the box, which side is up or down. If you are packing a lamp remove the bulbs, harps, and shades and pack base separately.
- Paintings, Mirrors – these items are by far the most difficult and confusing to pack. If you have any valuable paintings that you don’t feel comfortable packing, please call our sales team and we can discuss assisting you on moving day if necessary.
How to pack kitchenware:
Cups, Glasses, and Stemware:
Gently stuff cups and glasses with wadded-up packing paper.
Wrap stems and handles with paper, crumpling slightly to create padding, and then wrap each entire piece individually in paper.
Pack cups, glasses, and stemware in an upright position, cushioning them well with crumpled paper, rather than laying them down. Label boxes “Fragile, This Side Up.”
All china is best packed in cartons made for that purpose.
Place one plate in the center of a stack of packing paper; grasp two or three sheets of the paper at one corner, and fold them over the plate, covering it completely. Place another plate on top of the first, and fold papers over from a second corner. Add a third plate, and fold the two remaining corners over it. Turn the stack upside down on the packing paper, and re-wrap the entire bundle, sealing it with tape. (Some office-supply stores carry Bubble Wrap bags designed specifically to fit plates; these bags are more convenient, though they can be expensive.) Place the bundle in a small box, standing dishes on edge on a thick layer of crumpled paper or Bubble Wrap. (Dishes are more likely to break when packed flat.) Add additional bundles until the box is packed snugly. Stuff the top and all four sides with more crumpled paper, and tape shut. Label boxes “Fragile, This Side Up.”
Excalibur moving and storage are here to assist you with all your moving and packing needs.
We are a full service moving company that provides local moves and long distance moves in Maryland, Virginia and Washington D.C. Contact us or submits your request in our free moving estimate tool to get a moving service from a top rated moving company in Washington D.C metro area.